Effective Date: [09/12/2018]. The following supersedes all prior Terms & Conditions. By participating or continuing to participate after the effective date, you agree to the following:
The following information forms the basis of participation in the Al Meera Loyalty Program ([Meera Rewards] or "Program"). These Terms & Conditions ("Terms & Conditions") are intended to protect the members of the Program ("Members"), and [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] or "We". Your participation in this Program will be governed by these Terms & Conditions, and it is your responsibility to read and understand all of them.
If you require clarification or further information, you may contact the [Meera Rewards] Help Desk or send a message via our application or the website Please note, however, the Program Terms & Conditions cannot be superseded or changed except in writing from [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)].
- [Meera Rewards] Program membership and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)], its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, partners, employees, and agents.
- The [Meera Rewards] Program Terms & Conditions are governed by and are to be construed under the laws of Qatar. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. By participating in the Program, Members consent that venue for all suits will be in Qatar. The Program Terms & Conditions set forth here in supersede all prior Program Terms & Conditions .
- Membership in and application for membership in the [Meera Rewards ] Program is void if prohibited by law in the country of the Member's or applicant’s domicile.
- Membership is free and you do not need to buy anything to open a Meera Rewards (“Account”). To register in the program, you must be 18 years of age or older.
The Program has no predetermined termination date and may continue until [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] decides to terminate the Program, at any time, with or without notice. Members will have [three] months from the date Program termination is announced to accumulate for and redeem a desired reward. This means that, regardless of the amount you participate in the Program, your right to accumulate points and claim rewards can be terminated by [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] [three] months after [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)”] announces the Program termination.
- [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] reserves the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any of the rules, procedures, conditions, benefits, rewards or reward levels pertaining to the Program at its sole discretion, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of points already accumulated. This means that [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] may make changes that affect, but are not limited to, participating products, rules for earning [Meera] points, reward redemption levels, rules and procedures for the use of rewards, continued availability of rewards, reward types and the features of any or all special offers.
- Program membership is free of charge and entitles Members the right to earn points which can be redeemed for rewards in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of the Program. Member benefits and rewards while offered in good faith may not be available if prohibited by law or regulation in Member's country of residence.
- The use of the [Meera Rewards] loyalty program signifies the unconditional acceptance of the following terms and conditions that the subscriber acknowledges having read and accepted at the time of [Meera Rewards] registration.
- [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] reserves the right to discontinue Program membership for any Member who appears to be using the Program in a manner inconsistent with the Terms & Conditions or intent of the Program or any portion of the Program, including, but not limited to reward redemptions. [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] also reserves the right to discontinue membership for any Member who acts in a manner inconsistent with local or international laws, statutes or ordinances or if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting fraud, theft, or dishonesty in connection with his / her account as determined at [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)]'s sole discretion. Such discontinued membership may result in the loss of all accumulated points, benefits and privileges. In addition to discontinuance of Program membership, [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and / or legal action, including, without limitation, criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
- The sale or barter of any Program points or other Program benefits other than by [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] is prohibited. Any points or benefits which [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] deems at its sole discretion to have been transferred, sold or assigned in violation of Program Terms & Conditions may be confiscated or cancelled.
- All interpretations of Program Terms & Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)].
- To participate in the Program, Members will need the [Meera Rewards] mobile application which includes the digital card (available by downloading the [Meera] Rewards Program mobile application).
- Each Member is responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Program Terms & Conditions and as to the number of points in his or her account. [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] may attempt, but is not required, to send correspondence to active Members to advise them of matters of interest, including notification of point forfeiture or Program changes. Neither [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] nor if applicable, Program partners nor third party companies participating as marketing partners in the Program ("Marketing partners") will be liable for any failure to do so and will not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Member contact information, for problems related to any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised by the Member, for any human error, for any interruption, deletion, omission, defect, or line failure of any telephone network or electronic transmission, for problems relating to computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or on-line service, for any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction, for lost, late, stolen, illegible, incomplete, garbled, misdirected, mutilated or postage due mail or other delivery services or e-mail for whatever reason.
- Each Member is responsible for creating private account access information and for maintaining the security of that information. If the security of that information is breached by the Member or a third party, [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] shall not be liable for any access to that account not authorized by the Member, accumulation of points, redemption of rewards, or other account activity that occurs as a result, and in no event shall [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] be responsible for reimbursing the member for any points redeemed or other damages or losses claimed to occur because of unauthorised access. If the Member becomes aware of any fraudulent activity, including unauthorised redemption of the Member's points or rewards, the Member must report the fraudulent activity to [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] in writing, within 30 days of its occurrence, and provide all further requested information and cooperation to [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] to be eligible for reinstatement of lost points or rewards, which reinstatement may be done at [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)]'s sole discretion.
- Each Member is responsible for advising [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)], of any changes to his or her contact information.
- Accrued points do not constitute property of the Members. Except as specifically provided herein, accrued points are not transferable for any reason.
- Members are responsible for protecting and keeping secure Account details and digital Mobile app membership ID and any password or security questions used in connection with Account and mobile app membership ID.
- In case of the death of a Member, points in the Member’s account may be transferred to another active Member upon [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)]’s receipt and approval of certain requested documentation and information. [xxx] list the required documentation. To be eligible, the transfer must be requested, and all required documents and information provided within one year from the date of the Member’s death. Any transfer remains at the sole discretion of [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)]. Any decision made by [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] in response to a request for transfer is final and not subject to further review or dispute.
Earning of [Meera Rewards] Points
Important Note:It is the responsibility of the member to keep themselves updated about the points earning rates. To find the current points earning details link to website FAQ earn points section.
- To earn [Meera Rewards] points, a Member must be an enrolled member of the [Meera Rewards] Program.
- Specifically excluded from the definition of "eligible spend” are the following types of ineligible items: Telecom Top-Up Cards or vouchers, donations to Charities and purchase of [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] Gift Card / Vouchers/ Money Vouchers, Whole Sale or Credit Sales or tipping of Al Meera staff members.
- Points’ activity history is available on the [Meera Rewards] Program website and / or mobile app.
- Members are required to present their [Meera Rewards] Program Membership ID available on the mobile application prior to payment to receive [Meera Rewards] points. [Meera Rewards] points will not be granted on previously-completed purchases where a valid mobile application Membership ID was not provided prior to payment.
- [Meera Rewards] points earned by any individual Member may be pooled only in accordance with Householding functionality in the Program or transferred upon death of the Member as specified herein.
- If a Member believes he or she did not receive the correct point credit(s) for their purchase(s), he or she must submit a written request for such credit(s) through the [Meera Rewards] website, together with a legible copy of the receipt. Failure to supply the adequate and unaltered documentation may result in denial of such point credit(s). Requests must be received at the [Meera Call Center] within thirty days from the date of activity. Written requests must also include the Member's name, [Meera Rewards] ,Program membership ID, address and daytime telephone number.
- Current employees of [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)], its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries and the employees (collectively, "Employees") are eligible to participate in the [Meera Rewards] Program.
- From time to time, Bonus [Meera Rewards] points may be awarded to Members on the purchase of certain products. Separate Terms & Conditions may apply to these Bonus Points.
- [Meera Reward] points, offers, promotions, and other services are offered by [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)], or other Program partners and may be offered to all Program members or any group of the Program members, as decided by [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)]. Any offer or promotion is time de-limited and may contain additional Terms & Conditions, which will apply in addition to these Terms & Conditions. Each offer is only valid once, unless expressly stated otherwise in the terms of the offer. Al Meera may limit quantities of products on which a single Program member may earn [Meera Reward] points. For example, [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] may make an offer of additional [Meera Reward] points on the purchase of a product, and state that a Program Member may only earn [Meera Reward] points for a single purchase of that product, or for a purchase of any other number we specify. If you earn [Meera Reward] points in a manner not permitted by these Terms & Conditions or any offer, [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] may deem, at its sole discretion, any such [Meera] points to be invalid and cancel them which will result in the removal of such [Meera Reward] points from Member’s Account.
- Meera Rewards Members will earn points from RVM machines: a. 2 points for every Plastic or Aluminum bottles recycled at the RVM machines located in more than 15 Al Meera locations b. RVM Points will be uploaded within 14 business days from the recycling date and submission date of the receipt to customer service desk (for locations using manual RVM transactions) c. RVM points can be accumulated & used towards your Al Meera shopping needs once you reach the redemption threshold.
Redeeming [Meera Rewards] Points
Important Note: It is the responsibility of the member to keep themselves updated about the points earning rates. To find the current points earning details click here
- To “redeem” means to use [Meera Rewards] points to pay, or partially pay for, for eligible purchases by using the mobile application Membership ID at the POS in participating stores that offer redemption.
- To qualify for a reward, the Member must have the minimum redemption threshold of [Meera Rewards] points in their account to redeem for a reward. The minimum redemption threshold is 1,000 points.
- It is solely the responsibility of the Member to be informed about the Program and to request the specific rewards at the participating [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] stores. Reward requests require the Member to provide his or her [Meera Rewards] Program mobile application card at the time of redemption, before the completion of the purchase.
- When a reward is requested, the corresponding number of points for that reward will be deducted from the Member's account.
- The Reward may only be issued against the [Meera Rewards] Program Member’s account.
- Rewards may not be sold, auctioned, bartered or brokered purchased or otherwise transferred except with the express written consent of [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)]. Any reward obtained in that manner without the required consent will be considered to have been fraudulently obtained and deemed void.
- Rewards may not be combined with other promotional offers, discounts or packages unless otherwise specified in writing by [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)].
- Rewards are non-refundable.
- Any tax liability incurred (if any) in connection with the receipt and/ or use of [Meera Rewards], including, but not limited to, local taxes, international taxes, fees, surcharges or individual income tax is the sole responsibility of the Member.
- Members residing in countries where redemption of points for an [Meera Rewards] or partner reward is prohibited are not eligible for such reward.
- [Meera Rewards] points expire 12 months from the day they are earned and will expire on the 1st day of the 13th month. For example, if you earn 100 points on Dec 15th 2018. These points will expire on Jan 1st 2020.
- If a member makes a redemption for a value that is higher than their purchase value, the
difference will not be refunded back to the member.
Use of the [Meera] Website and Mobile Application
- Subject to these Terms & Conditions you are authorised to view and the [Meera Rewards] Program website and / or to download the [Meera Rewards ] Program mobile app for your personal use only.
- [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] may change, suspend or discontinue the Meera website and / or mobile app at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content. [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the website and / or mobile app without notice or liability.
- You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to, access or otherwise use the website and / or mobile application, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, and long distance or local telephone service.
- For future promotions, the [Meera Rewards] Program website and / or mobile application, may contain additional terms (for example, conduct guidelines) that further govern the use of the [Meera Rewards] Program website and / or mobile application, including without limitation features or offers (for example, competitions). If any Terms & Conditions contained in this agreement conflict with any Terms & Conditions contained within the [Meera Rewards] Program website and / or mobile application, then the Terms & Conditions of this agreement shall prevail.
- While [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] endeavours to ensure the [Meera Rewards] Program website and mobile application are available 24 hours a day, [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] shall not be liable if for any reason the Program website or mobile application is unavailable at any time, for any period.
- As part of the registration process in the [Meera Rewards] Program, you have by default opted into Meera Rewards communication. Therefore, you will receive program communication to your registered email address, registered mobile number or via push notification on the mobile app about promotions, marketing, changes or additions to the [Meera Rewards] Program or about any of our related products or services. You can opt out of communications by contacting the Al Meera Call Center in Qatar on the following number + 974 40119011.
Householding and Merging Accounts
- As Head of Household, a Member can have 6 dependents pooled under their account. This means that all of the [Meera Rewards] points earned from the dependents will be added to the Head of Household’s account and available only for the Head of Household to redeem.
- Once a Member has become Head of Household, or a dependent of a household, the Member may not change their Household status for 6 months. For example, if a Member is a dependent in a household, the Member may remove themselves from the household, but cannot become a Head of Household of their own account for 6 months after leaving the previous household.
Your Agreement to Our Use of Information about You
- Additional personal information that we collect will include information that you provide when you enrol in the [Meera Rewards] Program or when you manage your profile online. During enrolment, we require that you provide your name, a unique mobile telephone number and e-mail address. When you manage your profile online, you will have the opportunity to provide additional information about your shopping and lifestyle preferences.
- By enrolling, you also consent to the transfer of your information to countries where our information processing facilities and business operations are located, including Canada and other countries where data protection laws may differ from those of your home country and / or in Qatar.
- As a Member, you may receive additional communications from us, including [Meera Rewards] Program account notifications and offers specifically for [Meera Rewards] Members.
Conditions of Participation
- [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] PROVIDES THE [MEERA REWARDS] PROGRAM, THESE AND OTHER MATERIALS, AND OTHER SERVICES AND PRODUCTS "AS-IS" AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DESIGN, ACCURACY, CAPABILITY, SUFFICIENCY, SUITABILITY, CAPACITY, COMPLETENESS OR AVAILABILITY.
- You also agree that [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] does not represent, warrant or guarantee that the [Meera Rewards] Program or any such other products and services will be uninterrupted, without omissions or error free, or that defects will be corrected, or changes implemented.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE [MEERA REWARDS] PROGRAM OR ANY SUCH OTHER PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, EVEN IF AN [MEERA REWARDS] PROGRAM AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; therefore, such exclusions may not apply to you. In the event [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] is held liable for any damages related to such matters, your sole and exclusive remedy will be limited to reimbursement for services or products paid by you to the entity held liable which were not provided by such entity. You hereby waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to such matters in any forum beyond two (2) years after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which the claim or action is based.
- If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. The failure by [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] to exercise rights granted to [AL MEERA CONSUMER GOODS. (Q.S.C)] hereunder upon the occurrence of any of the contingencies set forth in this agreement will not constitute a waiver of such rights upon the recurrence of such contingency.